Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC)
Division of Behavioral Health
The IDRC offers online and in-person 12-hour classes. Live classes are held at Brookdale Community College and are Covid-19 compliant.
3000 Kozloski Road, Freehold, NJ 07728
Phone: 732-308-3713; Fax: 732-625-3907
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We do not meet with clients.
Mary C. Heath, Program Coordinator, 732-308-3713, ext. 5712
Sonia Schogel, Intake Coordinator, 732-308-3713, ext. 3720
Lauren DelBuono, Support Tech., 732-308-3713, ext. 6452
Due to confidentiality and HIPAA federal and state regulations, you need to include a telephone contact number and/or address when you email us. No responses by the County potentially revealing Protected Health Information can be made via e-mail.
12 Hour Class
IDRC Class Options
Live – Brookdale Community College
Virtual 12-Hour Class
Change of Address
Change to a Treatment Agency in Monmouth County
Change to a Treatment Agency in New Jersey
Change to a Treatment Agency Out of State
Self Help Attendance
Received Warning Letter or Non-Compliance
Upcoming Court Date
Need “MO Recommendation” For Motor Vehicles
DUI-Related Contact Numbers
1. Agreement to Schedule an Appointment
2. Client Selection Of Affiliate
3. Records Release Authorization
4. Change of Address Form
5. Non-Affiliated Counselor – Client Must Sign
Samples of completed forms:
6. Monmouth County Self Help Listing
A. Live AA Meetings at Various Locations
B. Online Virtual AA Meetings in NJ https://www.nnjaa.org/intergroup/cgi-bin/online_meetings.html
C. Live NA Meetings at Various Locations https://m.narcoticsanonymousnj.org/Meetings/default.asp
D. Online Virtual NA Meetings in NJ https://m.narcoticsanonymousnj.org/Meetings/default_online.asp
7. Request Live 12-Hour Class at Brookdale College
8. Request Virtual 12-Hour Class
About the Monmouth County 12 Hour IDRC
The objective of the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC) is to ensure that all convicted Monmouth County residents comply with Title 39:4-50 et seq., specifically 39:4-50 (f) of the NJ Statutes annotated, and accompanying Regulations of Chapter 162 (10:162-1.1 to 10:162-11.3). The Monmouth County IDRC:
- Conducts the court-ordered 12-hour education class that provides information about New Jersey's alcohol and drug laws, the affect of alcohol and drugs on the body and driving ability, and conducts screenings for referrals to assessments and/or self-help groups for treatment of alcohol and/or drug issues
- Monitors offenders in treatment and/or attending self-help groups
- Provides presentations about impaired driving in the community
Method of Application: After conviction, the State of New Jersey’s Intoxicated Driving Program (IDP) schedules an offender into their County of Residence using the address on the Court Order for the 12-hr IDRC Class. If an offender has not received notification of their scheduled class after three (3) months from conviction date, contact the State of New Jersey IDP at 609-815-3100 or http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/das/treatment/idp/. Click here for brochure entitled, “What You Should Know About The Intoxicated Driving Program.”
For public transportation information, go to www.njtransit.com (NJ Transit) for bus schedules.
Eligibility Requirements: Only court-ordered Monmouth County residents.
Handicapped Access: Yes
Transportation Provided: No
Languages Spoken: English
Page Last Updated: 4/1/2021 9:18:00 AM