Division of Behavioral Health
3000 Kozloski Road, Freehold NJ 07728
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Monmouth County Division of Behavioral Health serves residents through mental health and addiction services resources. In 2020, the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders combined the offices of mental health and addiction services as a step towards becoming stigma free.
Specifically, it provides:
- Advocates on behalf of all residents who require assistance in accessing services and /or responding to consumer complaints.
- Serves as a liaison to mental health agencies between local, county and state agencies.
- Convenes the County Interagency Coordinating Council (CIACC) which monitors and assesses the needs of children and adolescents with special behavioral and emotional needs.
- Convenes the Traumatic Loss Coalition for Youth (TLC), a state grant funded, school based planning, training and crisis response service.
- Responsible for the training and deployment of a Disaster Response Crisis Counselor Team (DRCC) that responds to natural and man-made disasters in our County.
- Provides information and referral services for addiction services.
- Administers County and State funds for alcoholism and drug abuse prevention and treatment projects and programs, including the municipal Alliances to Prevent Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- Coordinates planning for treatment and prevention services including the development and distribution of the "Annual County Comprehensive Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Plan."
- Monitors funded projects and programs; disseminates the "Guide to Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Services in Monmouth County.
- Operates the County's Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC) for persons convicted of an alcohol/drug-related motor vehicle or boating offense (which includes education, screening and monitoring of convicted offenders.
Due to confidentiality and HIPAA federal and state regulations, you need to include a telephone contact number and/or address when you email us. No responses by the County potentially revealing Protected Health Information can be made via email.
The Prevention Coalition of Monmouth County (PCMC)
PCMC, an affiliate of Prevention First, is committed to reducing substance abuse in Monmouth County by providing advocacy, awareness and education through collaborative efforts in order to ensure drug-free, healthy and safe lives for all residents. The Coalition exits to meet the need for comprehensive substance abuse awareness planning and programming to create change and reduce stigma in Monmouth County. Focus areas include underage drinking, opioid abuse and emerging drug trends. For more information and resources, visit https://www.pcofmc.org/
and learn how to get involved.
Page Last Updated: 8/31/2020 3:19:00 PM