Attention residents dropping off materials at the Household Hazardous Waste Facility, please follow the updated procedure by staying in your vehicle, keeping the materials for disposal in the trunk of a car, SUV, wagon or van, wearing a mask when at the facility and making certain all chemicals are properly labeled for disposal.
The Monmouth County Reclamation Center residents’ tent is open regular operating hours. It is open from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays.
Please note that in order to preserve resident and employee safety, a few changes have been made:
- Residents must practice social distancing and wear a face covering at all times
- Please wait for and follow attendant’s directions to dumping location.
- All dump tickets will be returned to the scale operator.
- All residents will be required to self-unload vehicles.
- All dump body trucks and trailers will be directed to our MPRF building for dumping.
- Please be aware of prohibited items, including recyclables, automobile/rechargeable/button type batteries, appliances, etc. Additional information can be found on the links below.
5/1/2020: The Monmouth County Reclamation Center will continue to take grass clippings. Commercial customers (including landscapers) and
municipalities who dump grass clippings will be directed to the Material Recovery and Processing Facility (MRPF) building to dump this material, while residential customers will continue to dump grass clippings at the residents tent (once the COVID-19 restriction
is lifted). The tipping rate for grass clippings will be $36.50/ ton (which is unchanged) and $3/ car load for residents (which is also unchanged).
In operation since 1976, the Monmouth County Reclamation Center (MCRC) serves its communities in a variety of ways. As a disposal site for municipal solid waste, the Reclamation Center encompasses approximately 900 acres centrally located in Tinton Falls. The Household Hazardous Waste Facility is located adjacent to the Reclamation Center and offers convenient and safe disposal facilities for County residents. The Reclamation Center has two 'Gas-to-Energy' facilities to collect methane, reducing landfill emissions while creating reusable energy.
Dumping Permits are not required for vehicles with a registered gross weight of 9,000 Lbs. or less and dumping personal waste. The weight limitation for "vehicle & trailer" combinations, hauling personal waste is 16,000 lbs. All others, including vehicles registered for less than 9,000 pounds, but hauling others' waste, must obtain NJDEP license permit information.