The Division of Consumer Affairs is here to help!

Hall of Records Annex -1st floor
1 E. Main Street
Freehold, NJ 07728

Tel: 732-431-7900
Fax: 732-845-2037

How to File a Complaint

A consumer complaint is a disagreement between an individual and a business.

If you have contacted the business directly and cannot resolve your problem, your next course of action is to file a complaint with the Monmouth County Division of Consumer Affairs as follows:

The following information should be included in your complaint:

  • Your name and address
  • Home and work telephone numbers
  • Name, address of the business you are complaining about
  • Concise description of the events which took place
  • Copies of contracts, bills, receipts, cancelled checks, advertisements, warranties, etc.
  • Copy of your proof of payment (cancelled checks, credit card statements, etc.)
  • Name of person who was involved in your transaction
  • All correspondence pertaining to your complaint
  • Specify resolution you desire.

If you choose to submit electronically, you will receive a case number on the confirmation page. Please use this case number when submitting supporting documents by mail to this office.

Hall of Records Annex
1 E. Main Street
Freehold, NJ 07728-1255

Telephone: 732-431-7900
Fax: 732-845-2037

Upon receipt of your complaint, a certified investigator will be assigned to your case. You will be advised the course of action this office will take to resolve your dispute. If we are unsuccessful in our attempt to resolve your complaint, you may need to file a claim in court or hire an attorney.

If you would prefer to contact the State of New Jersey - Division of Consumer Affairs, their toll-free number is: 800-242-5846


Copyright © 2024 Monmouth County, NJ. All Rights Reserved.Privacy Policy and Disclaimer