Our mission is to provide trusted leadership in partnership with our residents, the business community, and all levels of government to achieve our vision.
Monmouth County will be the best place to live, work and raise a family by honoring its past and embracing the future while preserving and enhancing the quality of life for current and future residents.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the impact of taxes on our residents
- Promotes the economic health of the County
- Champions strong stewardship of the natural, cultural, and educational resources of the county
- Promotes well-planned communities with a balance between development and conservation
- Promotes safe and secure communities and the health of our residents
- Honors the historical heritage of the county while planning for the future
- Welcomes local input while fostering regional solutions
- Celebrates and respects the diversity of our residents
- Partners with community and civic organizations to meet the needs of our residents.
- Demonstrates optimum stewardship in the use of county tax dollars
- Is committed to the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct and accountability
- Provides quality services that are caring, compassionate, and responsive to the changing needs of our residents
- Demonstrates flexible, proactive approaches to changing situations and environments
- Creates opportunities for open and effective communication and connection with our communities, residents, and taxpayers
- Is committed to comprehensive, information-based decision making
- Encourages employee growth, development and advancement, and provides our employees with the tools to do their jobs
- Encourages creativity and problem-solving, and recognizes the contributions of employees, volunteers, and residents