Office of Mental Health
PO Box 3000 Kozloski Road, Freehold NJ 07728
Phone: 732-431-7200 Fax: 732-308-3700
William Bucco, Acting Deputy Director
Contact: Steven J. Horvath, Assistant Director
Days and Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Area Served: Monmouth County
Email - Steven J. Horvath
Due to confidentiality and HIPAA federal and state regulations, you need to include a telephone contact number and/or address when you email us. No responses by the County potentially revealing Protected Health Information can be made via email.
This office provides services including information and referral to Monmouth County residents on all mental health related issues. Through County tax dollars, provides funding for the delivery and development of a continuum of mental health services.
- Advocate on behalf of all residents who require assistance in accessing services and /or responding to consumer complaints.
- Serve as liaison to mental health agencies between local, county and state agencies.
- Convenes the County Interagency Coordinating Council (CIACC) which monitors and assesses the needs of children and adolescents with special behavioral and emotional needs.
- Convenes the Traumatic Loss Coalition for Youth (TLC), a state grant funded, school based planning, training and crisis response service.
- Responsible for the training and deployment of a Disaster Response Crisis Counselor Team (DRCC) that responds to natural and man-made disasters in our County.