Empower residents of Monmouth County to achieve optimum health through the provision of the ten essential public health services.
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of healthcare when otherwise available.
- Assure a competent public health personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
To learn more about the work of the MCHD, please click below to watch a segment of Monmouth In Focus:
The MCHD is one of six health departments in the County and serves the residents of the following municipalities (click link for map) :
Freeholder Liaison to the Monmouth County Board of Health
John P. Curley
Monmouth County Board of Health Members
Michael Meddis, MPH, Public Health Coordinator
Page Last Updated: 8/25/2014 2:52:00 PM