The primary function of the CEAS Committee is planning and coordinating the delivery of emergency services to the homeless and those at risk of homelessness.
CEAS is involved in the development and approval of the following:
- Continuum of Care document submitted annually to HUD
- “Gaps Analysis” for Continuum of Care (COC) showing populations served or inadequately served
- “Point in Time Survey” prepared for COC to provide a comprehensive picture of homelessness in Monmouth County.
- Education of service providers by sharing resource information with members.
- CEAS also makes recommendations for resource allocation of homeless funds to decrease homelessness.
- CEAS initiates HUD SuperNOFA COC grant application process for providers.
MCDSS Director is designated as CEAS chairperson. Chairperson is assisted by a coordinator from MCDHS.
Membership is a coalition of homeless service providers, advocates for the homeless and other community organizations that assist the homeless and needy. Members are public and private non-profit providers. For membership information, please contact:
(732) 683-2102 FAX (732) 845-2054
Meets bimonthly at MCDSS, Freehold Building. Dates at MCDSS web site: http://www.monmouthhumanservices.org/ (see below for meetings).
CEAS (Comprehensive Emergency Assistance System) is a subcommittee of the Human Services Advisory Council (HSAC).
2012 CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
- January 17, 2012
- March 20, 2012
- May 15, 2012
- July 17, 2012
- September 25, 2012
- November 27, 2012
Meetings are held at 10:00 a.m. Unless noted, meetings are held at the Monmouth County AG Building, 4000 Kozloski Road, Freehold, New Jersey.